Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there who runners near Stotfold and Arlesey in Mid Beds.
I need a running partner or it's down to Argos to get a rowing machine.
Also, just on the off chance, anybody got any jobs going in the same area?????????

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

Hi Mate
i live in biggleswade and i am 45 i try to run about 20-30 miles/week with one 12-15 miler a week if possible!! i/we run about 10 min miles on long runs average about 2 hours 20 for 15 milers

i am training for the marathon des sables in 2008 so i run with a ruc-sac weighing about 15-18 pounds,i run with one other but always looking for running buddies

check out this website called map my run and search for runs in bedfordshire

http://www.mapmyrun.com/index.php

you need to register but one you have done that it is fairly simple, i use it with my GPS but you dont have to

look forward to hearing from you

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

hadnt thought about it to be honest,i just like planning a route,mainly off road and running.
I normally try to use differant areas and avoid A roads like the plague..to many near misses!
i just ran 14 miles today in 1 hr 55 with ruc-sac...biggleswade-shefford-biggleswade,nice mix of b roads and tracks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi dazzyb

I'm still at the 5k stage but I will check out your runs, maybe I can use part of them until I'm somewhere near your standad, may take a while!! I have a friend who runs with a rucksac, he keeps offering to take me on a run but I fear I will show myself up. Good luck with the marathon des sables in 2008.

·
Registered
8 Posts
lol no worries m8.....broke my little toe walked into a door :(
2 weeks with no running..starting to get twitchy !!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm in mid beds too. Quite a way from Stotfold though (although I have a mate who runs who lives there).

Good luck with MDS!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not the guy I'm thinking of then. For a little village like this I'm suprised how many runners there are first thing in the morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts