Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am so excited - did my first ever 5k run last night in 40mins and 10secs and I'm so proud as I could never have done this a month ago! Could probably improve on the speed but at least I did it! Next time I'm going to try it outdoors as I had to use the treadmill last night (but I did use a 1% incline to substitute). YAY ME!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
LOL well done.

Why don't you enter a race, they are much more fun.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Well done phoenix, the feeling of hitting a milestone in your training is always a fantastic one :d Have you decided upon your next goal/target?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
YA YOU indeed!!

Well done.......nothing better than achievement is there?!

Keep it up.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Fantastic keep it up - and run outdoors while the sun's out!!! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Re the race, I never thought I'd be able to run that far so never entered a race before and I'd be scared of coming last or doing really poorly but I am thinking about that! For my next goal I'm not sure if I should concentrate on improving my speed or pushing for a longer distance - does anyone have any advice as to which would be better? I am very proud though as I've never managed that before and never thought I could either!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
try a 5k race as you know you can now cover the distance, don't worry about where you think you might come, go out there do it and enjoy it, if your exhilarated now it's a zillion times better when you have completed a race, trust me :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nice one! well done :d

I'm looking forward to the day when I finally manage to run over a mile nonstop without wanting to murder someone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts