Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mini Triathalon

Hi - I am Sarah and am looking to do a mini triathalon. Does anyone know of any clubs in the Midlands and also does anyone have a mini triathalon they can recommend? I have been looking on the net and cannot find any but think there must be one - my sister lives in New Zealand and they do them there but it is a bit far!! Thank you so much. Sarah

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
sarah whitehouse said:
Hi - I am Sarah and am looking to do a mini triathalon. Does anyone know of any clubs in the Midlands and also does anyone have a mini triathalon they can recommend? I have been looking on the net and cannot find any but think there must be one - my sister lives in New Zealand and they do them there but it is a bit far!! Thank you so much. Sarah
Welcome to the forum Sarah. I think they're known as sprint triathlons. Have a look at this site, you should be able to find one on there.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mini triathlons

Hi Sarah

some events hold novice triathlons for complete beginners which generally tend to be half the sprint distance.Otherwise,the sprint distance is not too daunting an introduction to triathlons.Hope you find something suitable.

Ray:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
For simple listings of clubs and events, check out the BTA website - http://www.britishtriathlon.org/events/index.php

For more general chat hang out here or on tritalk :)

The advice above is good - anything marked supersprint, sprint or mini is a good first race. Also a pool based tri is generally better (and cheaper) for dipping your toe into the sport for the first time - open water swims are excellent but can be unnerving the first time out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the results for the St. Annes Triathlon last month, that seemed a nice small one. 400m swim in an indoor pool, 20k bike on flat closed roads then 5k flat run. Okay, alittle windy as it is on the seafront but people enjoyed it! You will have to wait till next June though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the st Anne's triathlon and thoroughly enjoyed it! Its a good intro for novice triathletes like myself. Good feature is that it's flat. Can't be bad as I made third fastest female vet and I was on my son's bike that I couldn't get off the middle ring!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I keep looking at triathlons - they look like fun.

The only thing that puts me off is you need lots of gear - that's what I like about running, you basically just need a pair of trainers and you're off.

I'm not a fantastic swimmer either but I suppose participants are always be better at some disciplines than others.

I did enter one last October in Newbury (it was supposed to be a good "first timers" event) but it was all booked up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi sarah -i did my first sprint triathlon last sunday in norwich -i live in coventry but decided to make a weekend of it by stopping in great yarmouth as a weekend break.

It was great -it was a 750m swim, where i did breaststroke and came 3rd from last, and then 20 km bike ride which i did ok because norwich is mainly flat and then a 3 mile run, where i think they must have got my chip mixed up as according to results i did it in 21 minutes. Good luck -you can get a cheap osprey wetsuit for 20 pound if you are doing an open swim(outside).in the swim they set off in 3 waves of competitors to avoid overcrowding with 15 mins between each group. If you r ok at frontcrawl it will help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts