Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a general question about running shoe brands.
So far, I have only had Asics and Adidas shoes and I really really like these two brands. However, I found some good offers on Mizuno and Brooks shoes recently, and I was wondering how the brands compare?
I do realise that it very much depends on the shoe you buy and on the runner that runs in the shoe, however, I am just interested in a general opinion.
So,... do any of you own Mizuno's or Brooks?

Look forward to your answers!
Jen.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`m a neutral runner Jen, I wear Brooks Radius 07,and find them great.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i own two pairs of mizuno wave inspire 4's and a pair of wave harrier2 trail shoes and love all of them

but each foot is different so it might not suit u

·
Registered
506 Posts
I wear Brooks Addiction 7 - motion control for over pronation. This is my 3rd pair. They cured my shin splints.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i did try the brooks in the shop.. but for my foot, i found the mizumos slightly wider in the toe box.. but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
516 Posts
I too tried both the Brooks and the Mizuno support shoes when buying a couple of weeks ago. Both felt very good indeed. I'd have no qualms about buying either brand if i decided to change. Probably the Brooks rather than Mizuno purely because of their feirce reputation for offering good support.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I love Mizuno... just been converted from Asics. I ran Amsterdam marathon in Mizuno, no blisters, feet felt great

·
Registered
44 Posts
I own 2 pairs of Mizunos, wave inspire 3 and wave inspire 4. I tried brooks and Mizuno in the store and Mizuno felt a little better for me. but I think you'll just have to go to a store and try for yourself.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I have Brooks Adrenaline 8- they do the job, but they're fugly and the tops are mesh around the toe area so you get wet socks. The Asics equivalent were much prettier, but they were also £115.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts