·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Tv was rubbish last night found myself watching re-runs on sky last night :eek:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Granty said:
talking of TV, has anyone got HD and is it really worth it?

I have one and it is brilliant, for instance I wanted to watch something the other night but had to pop out so I started recording the programme and when I got back in the programme was still running so I left if recording pressed play and started watching it whilst it was still recording, I think it is called magic. I hope that made sence.

It also has a dvd recorder, I wouldn't be without it now, never having to look for a decent blank video tape is fantastic.

Go and get one immediately DO IT DO IT

:d

i have just re-read your post your not talking about Hard Drives are you... Doh

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nope ! :confused::p

But you have sold the idea of getting a DVD recorder to me, I might get on-line and have a look at what is around.

Cheers TT

G.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
for Hard drive recorder thingies... I have Sky+ and it's absolutely awesome. Pause live TV while you nip to the loo and you can even rewind live TV assuming it's the channel you've been watching... bets of all is series link, find a program, press the (R) button to record, then the green button and it'll record every episode in the series... Also on sky adverts highlighting programs on sky channels, you can press the green button during the advert and it saves a reminder to watch that program... Truely genius!

as for HDTV... it depends, for regular everyday watching TV it's a complete waste of time (very few channels broadcast in HD at the mo, so you're left with the same pic quality) -If however you play computer games with a HD console (liek Xbox 360 or PS3), or you intend to watch HD films on Bluray - then the difference is FANTASTIC in my opinion and well worth the cash.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've heard that Sky+ is good, I've got Virgin and I think they do a similar thing, I guess with Sky+ you then don't really need a DVD recorder as well ?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Only if you wanted to archive onto disc Granty.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have a feeling this thread could end up costing me a fortune ! - I'm looking at all sort of gadets on the other screen as I type. (question is........ shall I just buy and surprise the misus or get her approval first?)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Granty said:
I have a feeling this thread could end up costing me a fortune ! - I'm looking at all sort of gadets on the other screen as I type. (question is........ shall I just buy and surprise the misus or get her approval first?)

Who wears the trousers? :d :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Granty said:
Nope ! :confused::p

But you have sold the idea of getting a DVD recorder to me, I might get on-line and have a look at what is around.

Cheers TT

G.
We got one last year and it's fantastic - there's more storage space than you'd ever get on a VHS cassette. If you ever run out of storage space, you can burn it to, which are really easy to store.

TV tonight looks better than last night, Supersize vs Superskinny is on.:eek: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts