Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Karen said:
Oh dear, I've lost the plot. I don't understand the question. Humbugs are sweets, aren't they?
They are but not in this context.

"Bah humbug" was Scrooge's saying re Chrimbo.

The answer to my question would appear to be YES, I AM!:p

·
Registered
334 Posts
I absolutely love Christmas time...even though it is tinged with sadness as I lost my mum to breast cancer 2 Christmas's ago .....I still love this time of the year...I enjoy decorating the house, picking pressies for those I love. I do hate the fact that people lose the plot at this time of the year and buy buy buy!!!! its not the quantity its the thought that counts. This will be my first Christmas when I will be out running off all the extra food and drink, so I have even more things to look forward to!!!!! ho ho ho.......

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It drives me nuts...spend like mad, eat like mad,drink like mad, emotional blackmail, travel here there and everywhere...hate it!
SWMBO and I are going away on 24/12 and won't be back 'til late on 31/12...yippee!
Bah Humbug!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I love Christmas - up to a point! Love choosing the tree for my partner to decorate. Love designing and sending my own Christmas cards. Love the well attended carol service in our church. Love going round the village with our lanterns carol singing on Christmas eve (not to mention all the goodies and mulled wine when we've finished!). Love all the goodwill associated with it.
What I can't stand is all the rampant consumerism that starts in the shops some time around October that masquerades as Christmas, and which is probably the only version kids of today understand.
Cheers!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I love Christmas also, to the point that you are with family etc, but have to agree there is a lot of pressure to spend so much on unnecessary presents, personally love saving my money and going out in the SALES... :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
I work in a nursery on afternoons and today we decorated the tree with all the stars and things we had made. Then when i got home, my 05 year old and I made and decorated some baubles, and christmas cards, he loved it bles shim, glue and glitter everywhere lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Been dealing with Christmas at work since August, got no money and the Daughter will be with the Ex at Christmas. This will be the 3rd year that Christmas is CANCELLED, just another day to me.

BUT I hope everyone else has fun and gets the pressies they wanted,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mickeygee,
Sounds like an opportunity for a bottle or two of wine, lots of bad food and a good movie....all after a run of course!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts