Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the south west yesterday couldn't fail to miss the fact it rained then rained and then guess what rained some more!

Me being committed on just plain stupid still ventured out for a 7 mile run. What a run i have never been across so many water logged field and some of the roads had become a river bed. Despite all that this was the greatest run i had had in an age.

All apart from now i am suffering from that which i have only heard men say they suffer from (sorry ladies) runners nips very sore! Is it just plaster on the good old Vaseline and wait for them to get better???

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Ye, the first time I got joggers nips was when it was raining as well! The best way I found was to vaseline them up and wear and old tshirt (because the vaseline will stain the tshirt!).

Now if it looks like it going to rain I take a small jar of Vaseline with me so I can apply it while out running if required :)

Hope they get better soon, I know the pain!

O.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah well perhaps a run will make them better a run makes everything better well apart from the fact the body fulls apart but why worry about little issues like that! :D

As long as they ain't too bad by saturday doing dragon boat racing and i'll look a bit odd trying to row and keeping the t-shirt from rubbing at the same time!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Owain... I tend to find that 'old' T-shirts (I assume you mean the cotton type of T-shirt) naturaly tend to chafe a lot more than technical moisture wicking tops...

I use vaseline, but you only need a very small amount (or at least that's what I find!) - just a little bit smeared over so you have a nice shiney nipple and all is good - did me fine the other night in the rain for 8miles where in the past I'd have come back red raw on one side at least!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
They are a great investment O. if you look on startfitness.co.uk or sweatshop.co.uk they often have offers on.

You won't ever want to run in a normal "T" again, go on treat yourself :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
even find a cheapy one in JJB or similar - as pants as they are for recommending shoes, you can pick up some cheap technical kit there ;) Certainly a lot more comfortable in my opinion :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a technical moisture wicking top on just never used any type of protection on my poor nips. Not to worry all better now! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts