Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many races do you think you will do this year?
How many did you do last year?
Will you be doing races you've not done before or repeat your favourite events?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Steve said:
How many races do you think you will do this year?
How many did you do last year?
Will you be doing races you've not done before or repeat your favorite events?
Probably 50+ races if I run a track season.
30 odd last year
Much the same as last year

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am going to aim to do at least one a month, sometimes more to keep me training. If it is hot in the summer then I will 'flag', prefer running in cooler weather. I like to run a variety of races in interesting locations, so beware none of your 'areas' are safe, a pink and white striped cat could turn up at anytime! I think I will do far more 'off road' stuff this year.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I hope to do a total of 4 I know it doesn't sound like much but it will be 3 1/2 marathons and my first 10k in June, two of the 1/2's I have never run before so will be looking forward to those. Plus anything else I can fit in, in between times. :d

I did two 1/2's last year.

I did see there was a Frinton 1/2 in may, but when looking at the feedback a few of the runners come back saying you could do a good pb there not only because it is a flat course but it only measured 12.45, as they had used garmin watches, that many can't be wrong ha ha

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Last year. 3 x 10k`s. 1 x 5k (my first year of having a number on my chest.)

This year hopefully...............

At least 1 half marathon,(very soon).

3 or 4 10k`s

between 8-10 5k`s (2 local clubs run 5k cross countrys during the summer,once a month)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm hoping to do the Bushy park 5K or the Wimbledon common 5K a few times this year....I've just got to build up to 5K first :embarrassed:

I'm thinking about trying to to do 1 or 2 10Ks later in the year as well if I'm capable!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
2 half marathons, (one soon and the other in September).

The one this Month is a new one and the latter is a repeat.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Three halfs and my 3rd FLM this year.Not thinking about to much else at the moment but will probably book a couple of shorter races locally for later in the year.Silverstone Half for me in just over a week.This was the first half marathon that I ever took part in this time last year so I am looking forward to this one.It will be interesting to see how my times will compare.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question dragged up from the archives for you to ponder...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i rekon i will be doing 20 - 25 races this year... will prob be a mix of new and old

i think i did 10-15 last year.. but it was my first season and i wasnt a club bod then

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...and why not...I did for years after my first 2 or 3 races.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
....but not into too many bits hopefully Giles!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Hopefully not at all, but Haile in RW was interesting in that his racing was targetted rather than every club run going.

I am modelling myself on him :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm aiming for a 5k, 10k and half marathon in Edinburgh at the least. After that maybe the Aberdeen beach 10k, Dundee half and a half somewhere overseas - possibly Tallin or Amsterdam. Will chalk the 5k off the list in about 4 hours :)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I think I did 1 5km, 9 10km races last year, plus 2 1/2 maras.... and a couple of XCs with the club.

I plan to do at least 2-3 1/2 maras this year and the marathon, so like HRun, more targeted races ... and probably more club events/leagues... probably fewer 10kms though, and I only plan to re-do a couple which I really enjoyed....thats the beauty of doing so many last year, at least I can cherry-pick this year! I think Combe Castle will be a good one again at the end of the year - if anyone else up for it?!
:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts