Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just popped in to say hello.

Another noob running wise I'm afraid, always wanted to get fit again (as if I ever was) and decided that just turning 40 :eek: was probably the best time to start doing it.

Therefore I started running about 8 weeks ago following one of the walk-run-walk plans, and can now miraculously plod/jog for 5 miles without stopping in circa 45 mins :d :d

Aim is to complete the FLM 2009 without expiring, and then to see where my new found fitness/skill/confidence/mental ability will take me.

Thoroughly enjoying my running experience to date despite the breathlessness / aching joints / pains / and head to toe nettle stings (thats one for later :embarrassed: )

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome Ascensis.

Keep us informed of your progress.

All the best.

Dave.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Sounds like your doing great with your training plan. Good work :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi

Welcome to RF

TT:d

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Thanks, for the warm welcome guys, it can sometimes be a bit intimidating joining an already established group.

Went out for a 4 mile last night, so sitting here in work nursing aching legs but feeling all the better for it. Only problem being living in N.Wales, the scenery is beautiful but it's not exactly flat !! Is there anyone out there living in the Norfolk Broads / East Anglia way that wants to do a house swap for a year ? :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice work, thats not a bad progression! :cool:

Look forward to hearing why on earth you had head to toe nettle stings..... hiding from the husband of the wife you were playing with?? :eek: :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts