Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

Here's a newbie question: why is motion control not "compatible" with cushioning? I mean why all maximum cushioning trainers out there are for neutral feet?

Cheers

Migsey

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Motion control and cushioning are compatible Migsey who told you otherwise .

The action of a motion control shoe is to stop your foot rolling inwards as it travels through the gait cycle .

They can be a bit heavier than say a neutral shoe but if you want a shoe with motion control and superb cushioning then asics gel evolution 3 is a top shoe in this class
But you should alwas try other makes as they all vary

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Migsey

Motion control shoes are cushioned as well, shoe companies just call shoes "cushioned" if they have no particular snazzy feature like motion control / off-road capability / in-built laser death ray. :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Helo there

Thank you for your replies.
My question came about because everytime I look at cushioned trainers, they all display the "neutral" motion control. In my case I tried last weekend a pair of Brooks Glycerin 5, which I thouth that they were absolutely fantastic, and everything I read about them points out that they were designed form maximum cushioning.On the other hand, when I check motion control (or stability) trainers they never mention things like "maximum cushioning".
In short, I never saw a trainer the description of which was "motion control and maximum cushioning".
Thank you very much for your replies.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Cheriton

Yes, I guess so. I went to the Sweatshop and I had to run for them and they filmed my feet while briefly running on a treadmill.
I was told that my feet were normal and that I needed a cushioning shoe. I tried the Brooks Glycerin 5 that felt like heaven!

Cheers
Migsey

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Migsey said:
Hi Cheriton

Yes, I guess so. I went to the Sweatshop and I had to run for them and they filmed my feet while briefly running on a treadmill.
I was told that my feet were normal and that I needed a cushioning shoe. I tried the Brooks Glycerin 5 that felt like heaven!

Cheers
Migsey
Your a neutral then so next question is why the initial query about motion control?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts