Runners Forum banner

MP3PBs

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  LEECE 
#1 ·
What music do you listen to while running (if any), and what songs get you running faster than you probably should, trying for a MP3 PB?

I'll go first :d I listen to really trashy pop, and go for MP3 PBs with "Lets Get it Started" (Black Eyed Peas) and "What You Waiting For" (Gwen Stefani)

Anyone else??

#3 ·
Have you had bad experiences with MP3 players and running steepler? I don't see them being a danger if you keep your wits about you and make sure you pay attention to what's going on around you...

My music varies, typically it's dance type stuff, often with a cheesey slant, but as long as it's got a feel good factor and a half decent tempo i'll happily run to it!

#4 ·
Katten said:
What songs get you running faster than you probably should??
As someone said, running fast isn't a question of of what music you're playing, or luck, or magic, or buying new shoes, or fancy watches full of electronic gadgetry, or rubbing on strange smelling linaments. It’s just sheer hard work, steely determination, drive and commitment.
Cheers!

#5 · (Edited)
Its down to personal preference regarding music

Prodigy is a good one and cheesy stuff like Earth Wind and Fire.

Oh Pussy cat dolls is good too :d

But i only listen to music once in a while, i run with a club and never run with music as we run and talk.

If sometimes i feel low and i am running, i wear something to cheer myself up.

#9 ·
richardsimkiss said:
Have you had bad experiences with MP3 players and running steepler? I don't see them being a danger if you keep your wits about you and make sure you pay attention to what's going on around you...

My music varies, typically it's dance type stuff, often with a cheesey slant, but as long as it's got a feel good factor and a half decent tempo i'll happily run to it!
I've found that they can be awkward if you are forced to run on the road (as I tend to sometimes be). I wear high vis & reflective gear, however, I dont think that the driving community of today are accustomed to dealing with runners & cyclists being on the road, therefore they don't know how to react properly when confronted with them (not all, but the vast majority).

I've had a few close encounters in my time and was actually put off my bike yesterday by a Tesco van whilst out cycling! I've found now that whilst running, where safe enough to do so and there is no pavement, I run on the opposite side of the road providing there is a big enough verge to hop on to when I see any traffic coming. This may sound dangerous, however, the roads I often run on are not very busy and have a good field of view. I find this works better for me as I have plenty of time to react to any oncoming traffic as apposed to putting my life in the hands of some (& most) lunatics that seem to be on the road these days.

I would like to hear if anyone else has similar views!:cool:

As for the music, Foo Fighters, Greenday...

#10 ·
Sounds like you had a bad experience, Steepler :(

Most of my usual route is on cycle track, by a river, so no cars to speak of, very safe like that. I actually think cyclists have a rough deal in the UK, as there's hardly any cycle tracks, and so many cars are a bit reckless overtaking them :eek:

I bring my MP3 player on a lot of my runs, although not speedwork or when I'm trying to work on running posture.

#11 ·
In my last house I had country lanes within 4 mins jog from my front door which was fantastic... Not many cars to speak of at all, though the only problem was that the cars that I did approach simply don't expect to see a runner and are virtually always going too fast meaning I have to jump up onto the verge whether convinient or not!

I had one instance where a big Merc 'off-roader' was flying round a corner, unexpectedly saw me and nearly ended up in the hedge! One of the few occaisions where I've actually been scared out running... I can't believe some of the speeds some people travel down country lanes, what's going to happen when they fly around a blind bend and come across horse riders? They're facing with the traffic and certainly can't jump out the way!

seeing as everyone seems to like a bit of cheesey music, I heard a McFly cover of Rhiana's 'Umbrella', and i'm almost ashamed to say I enjoyed it, :p

#12 ·
as a former horse owner myself i have had lots of experience with stupid drivers and they dont care one bit.

I had a van behind me grinding its gears continously and i know it was on purpose, my horse bolted scared as anything down a country lane with me hanging on then finally she spun round chucking me onto the road, the van just sped off and left me there. if they dont care about horses and riders richard they wont care about a runner on a country lane.

Passing bikes, horses or runners i always go slow.

#13 ·
talking about cheesy music

Our work went for our works christmas do (yes i know its early) the pub was very Oasis fied, so i see the juke box and decided to liven the place up a bit with a bit of chas and dave

I saw loads of people singing and linking arms ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.