Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have only gone ahead and signed up for my second marathon. Edinburgh Marathon was my first, in 4:20:11, and I'm looking to take a good chunk out of that! My HM pb is 1:39:39, so looking to get nearer the 3:30-3:40 mark.

Anyone else participating in this race?

http://www.muenchenmarathon.de/en/

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Best of luck dire, and have a great weekend. CAC :). I'm not good enough for a marathon yet :d

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's my second marathon complete, and third international race. Brilliant flattish course and well organised. Bit dull in parts but you can't have everything! I was well on for a 3:45 but I misjudged things and my energy run out around the 35km mark. There was water stations roughly at the 5/15/25/35 mark, and water/energy stations at 10/20/30/40 mark. These consisted of pre peeled bananas, open packets of energy bars, water and energy drinks. At the end you finish in the Olympic stadium which is amazing running round the track to the finish! Plenty of support in the route, and supporters are allowed in the stadium stands, but inside the actual stadium was 3 free bars, free pretzels, free smoothie(innocent), more water and cappuccinos.

Needless to say I think UK races could learn from this!

If anyone is considering doing this next year, I would highly recommend it. Travelling by plane get the S8 to the centre, and U3 to the nearest underground stop near the station. Only thing I would point out is don't bother with the engraving service - queues were ridiculous!

All in all I enjoyed the race - next time I know to take more energy gel packs to keep me going near the end between stop(oh and more running in between).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts