Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else does this but when i run to drum and bass or any hard house I seem to run my 5km much quicker, where as if I listen to something a bit mellow I run slower and can't get set a decent pace.

I also like to sing quite loudly and subject any one in the park to my yelping (it really is that bad!).

Any one else experience this (I mean the running pace according to music and not the singing bit).?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I've noticed this at the gym - don't Nike call them power tracks but I don't like to listen to music when running outside as paranoid about traffic and someone coming up behind me.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I don't listen to music when I'm running - I like to take in the sights and sounds of the scenery around me, especially if I'm running on the trails.

Needless to say, I'll have the music blaring in the car, when I on driving to my usual run routes. Current favourites are "Ready To Strike" and "Where Do We Go From Here?" by Firewind.

·
Registered
664 Posts
KathrynJayne said:
I must be in a music minority here..i nearly always run to Green Day Bullet in a Bible!! Dunno why but really works for me!!
KJ, Green Day would work for me too ! Fast guitars rule ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts