Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! I've always been one to run without any music, but with my brother on hols in the states atm, he asked if I wanted anything bringing back, and knowing how good prices are over there I decided to take the plunge and go for the Nike+ setup that I've been hankering over since it was released :embarrassed:

Anyways, it would appear that over in america they've just released the NEW iPod nano, which is EVEN SMALLER than the old/current one! So for the price of a normal iPod nano over here, I've managed to get a NEW 8Gb iPod nano, not even released in the UK yet, AND a nike+ sports kit, and still have change! YAY! :d

Does anyone else have a nike+ jobby? I'm really excited about having a play!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
cool it's great getting new gizmo's to play with, I haven't got the Nike+ but have heard only good things so hope you enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Have you got the Nike + kit yet? Let me know how you go on coz ive got it too but just havent used it yet i'm not good with computers so let me know what you have to do i presume you have to register it on line before using it etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
its really easy to set up! you had an ipod before? if not you will need to load itunes onto your computer and put your music onto it, thats the hardest bit!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does it use a lot of space up on the computer(hard drive or something) i know i sound useless but if its that easy i'll do it tonight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the nike ipod thingy? no it doesnt, it just puts the software onto your ipod really and thats all! from what i can remember it only took a matter of minutes and it was done! ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
And when you go for a run does it talk to you all the time or do you have to press a button to hear it, you have to choose a song that spurs you on dont you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I want a ipod nano :(

I got the first ipod model which is uber huge compared to these new ones. It also switches itself off...which is annoying when your running.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've just got my iPod nano so i've plugged it in to charge, kind of hoping it'll charge within the 3 hours maximum time it states so I can use the nike+ thing on tonights run.

Haven't opened the Nike+ package yet though, from what i've heard it's pretty simple to set up, but we shall see :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I've just got my iPod nano so i've plugged it in to charge, kind of hoping it'll charge within the 3 hours maximum time it states so I can use the nike+ thing on tonights run.

Haven't opened the Nike+ package yet though, from what i've heard it's pretty simple to set up, but we shall see :)

Crikey you go out late :huh:

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i'm back now... lol, i don't normally go out late but was determined to use my nike+!

Turns out although it's supposedly okay on its generic calibration, you can calibrate it yourself by running a known distance. Tonight i used the standard calibration and it was over a mile out!! I don;t know if this is purely due to me not calibrating it, or whether not having the proper nike+ trainers also contributed. :( More fiddling to be done!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where did you put the chip if you havent got the trainers it fits in? A woman at school has hers in a little plastic bag tucked into her laces.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stotty said:
A woman at school has hers in a little plastic bag tucked into her laces.
Exactly the same for me! various puches available like this on ebay etc... but for the time being the plastic bag attatched to and placed under laces will do me!

Setting it up was easy as anything, just make sure you have the latest version of itunes and that you iPod nano software is up to date (iTunes will check this for you), plug the nike+ plug in the bottom of the ipod, select Nike+ on the iPod menu and way you go! Finish your first run, plug it in, iTunes will recognise you've used nike+ and give you step by step instructions :d

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Owain, I think you'll find that Mr. Simkiss ditched his Nano quite a while ago, in favour of a Garmin GPS device. I seem to remember him trying to flog it to members of the forum!
There have been several threads/posts about the Nike+ system (though I can't remember exactly where) and it seems to be a bit of a hit-or-miss thing, with some people finding the accuracy to be a little wayward, and others being more than satisfied. If you have a bit of a dig down into past threads, you're bound to unearth some stuff to help you with regard to iPods and the like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts