Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there run to music?
What do you suggest/recommend? I have had a new i pod for xmas and am eager to try ot out running!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
welcome to the board (and running !) Jodi. You'll find some like running to music, others don't. I always do, just keep your wits about you, especially if your route is at all busy. A bit of tempo is what you want, but beyond that depends on your own taste. Some like dance, for me it has to be rock/metal/punk.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Really cheesy pop / dance music works for me. To my eternal shame, obviously :confused: Of course, there's no way I'd listen to Aqua or the Crazy Frog song when I'm not running. No way. Nope, never. Well, hardly ever...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha that sounds like a plan actually!!!! I will try it and let you know how it goes,,,,,for experimental purposes only you understand?? Ha ha!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I reckon you should have some different styles of music for different running paces.

Like drum n bass/ Fast Rock song for all out running.
Hip Hop for more steady runs etc.

I think any song that has a beat will suffice as a good running song.

Theres a few music running podcasts worth checking out.

If your into dance music you can usally download free dj mixes from forums etc.

These are the best to run to.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Despite my previous post quoting rock/metal/punk as my choice for running, I have a notion to make up a playlist of numbers from musicals (Oh the Deadwood Stage is a-rollin' on over the plains .........) :embarrassed:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
For some reason, Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a Hero" seems to make me run really fast. the song came on my ipod 6 miles into a 10 mile run and I clocked a 6 minute 10 second mile without even really trying to push myself (My usual long run pace is 7 min 20 sec).

·
Registered
664 Posts
JBBury said:
For some reason, Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a Hero" seems to make me run really fast. the song came on my ipod 6 miles into a 10 mile run and I clocked a 6 minute 10 second mile without even really trying to push myself (My usual long run pace is 7 min 20 sec).
I too would try to run away from a Bonnie Tyler song ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Presets- "Cookie" and "Are you the one?" are really good they keep you moving. MGMT's "The Youth" and "Electric Feel" also. Ying Yang Twin's "Shake it like a salt shaker"
Jimmy Eat World "Pain"
Hope you try them out, they work out amazing for me, I run frequently and these are always on my list.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Depends on the run....If I want to run a PB, then Heavy metal loon music does the trick, if just a basic training then something rocky with guitars, I particularly like MUSE.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I am all for ROCK! (Woo hoo just got my Disturbed tickets!)

Best song I have found for running - Godzilla - Come with me! I feel really empowered - and give youths I am running past a death stare whilst listening to it!! :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Must admit it does take a while to get used to walking or running with music, at first especially me, tend to bump into things or fall over low walls into bushes etc...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts