Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions of music that is good to run to.

My running speed is 10.5kms per hour at the moment.

Would there be a way of knowing how many beats per minute would match my running speed?

Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
There have been numerous threads and posts regarding music to run to... and they just show how different people's ideas are! ... So any replies to your question are bound to vary greatly. In the end it's probably a case of running to anything that you personally like yourself.
Have a delve back into past threads and see just how opinions can differ! ;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'd look for something with a bpm that matches your heart rate rather than your stride rate. If you start matching your cadence you're body will probably adapt it's stride to match the music which i'd have thought would make you run pretty unnaturally!

·
Registered
18 Posts
A good bit of trance with a decent beat really helps me. Soothes the mind but at the same time is fast enough at times to keep me motivated and not become too relaxed ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have just realised what it is to relax whilst running. I changed the music on my mp3 to Bon Jovi. I was so lost in the music that I didn't realise how far I could run in a dreamworld!

I think its a really personal thing, I couldn't possibly listen to trance as it would give me a headache but I'm sure there are many people out there who couldn't even listen to Bon Jovi let alone run with it! (mind you I really don't think that sort of person exsists when it comes to Bon Jovi:d )

Good luck with the music hunt.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I'd look for something with a bpm that matches your heart rate rather than your stride rate. If you start matching your cadence you're body will probably adapt it's stride to match the music which i'd have thought would make you run pretty unnaturally!

no it doesn't really, I've got a lot of tracks on my Ipod, of all different beats and depending on what kind of run I'm doing I can match my stride to quite a few and still run naturally. It actually feels pretty good to run with the beat, keeps the pace and stride even

·
Registered
835 Posts
Trinity said:
no it doesn't really, I've got a lot of tracks on my Ipod, of all different beats and depending on what kind of run I'm doing I can match my stride to quite a few and still run naturally. It actually feels pretty good to run with the beat, keeps the pace and stride even
I never try to match my stride, I don't find it helps at all. In fact if something comes along that does match, I change my stride to avoid it. Mind you, that dosn't happen often with the music I have on my ipod. Predominantly Classical with a 70's & 80's thrown in. You'll be surprised how enjoyable a bit of Faure is on a long run

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I guess you haven't got 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem on your Ipod then... that's a great track to run to! ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
adder_noir said:
A good bit of trance with a decent beat really helps me. Soothes the mind but at the same time is fast enough at times to keep me motivated and not become too relaxed ;)
Totally agree - I have been working my way through my old trance mp3s on my ipod - they are perfect for getting into a decent rythmn...

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Trinity said:
I guess you haven't got 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem on your Ipod then... that's a great track to run to! ;)
I have that track and it is great...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I personally find that when a piece of music I find more enjoyable comes on my mp3 player it seems to help my running. If a piece of music has a good rythm I feel good to run with the beat.

Thanks for all the posts great to know what others think

1 - 20 of 30 Posts