Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share this with you.

Only been running for a few weeks and completed my first 5k on Saturday in 30 minutes, (A bit slow I know) so today I decided to go for a short run to keep up my training.

I asked my teenage to son to copy my newest CD (Snow Patrol) onto my MP3 player.

Put the earphones on today and ran and ran and ran and ran....for 1 hour non stop!!!!! SNOW PATROL ROCK........:d :d :d

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think I could run to something I didn't enjoy...my last list comprised of Matchbox 20 REM, PINK, and RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS... I did have a Will Young track which I thought I would like but it gave me no motivation at all.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
All far too modern for me...give me Bach any day!?!?!

Perhaps "One Step Beyond" would be exactly that!
Kate Bush and "Running up that hill" would be annoying and "Three steps to heaven" has some finality about it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Listen to music on almost all my runs! Don't know what I'd do without my ipod shuffle. It's brilliant!

Top running songs are of course...
Survivor- Eye of the Tiger
Meatloaf- Bat out of Hell
Coldplay- The Scientist (for track work, "runnin in circles, chasin' our tails") :p

and various others of course!

·
Registered
64 Posts
In addition since I started using my Ipod, my weekly mileage went from about 30 a week or so, up to 40 minimum when I'm healthy!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Join a club for "No more lonely nights"
Jam's "In the City" for all you city types.
Queen's "Another one bites the dust" for us marathoners!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Willie Dixon's "Built for Comfort, Not for Speed" Just about sums it up for me I`m afraid.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Velvet Underground - Run, Run, Run
Jo Jo Gunne - Run
Iron Maiden - Running Free
Iron Maiden (again!) - Run To The Hills
Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running
Tom Petty - Runnin' down A Dream
Rainbow - Run With The Wolf

Any more ???

:d :d :d