Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was only because she wanted to do it, and because she's 14 she has to enter with an adult.

So now I'm charged with training her...should be fun :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well I would advise that you make sure you get the right shoes for you, start training slowly, do some speed sessions and hill work when you feel able and joina running club for support............................

HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve said:
Well I would advise that you make sure you get the right shoes for you, start training slowly, do some speed sessions and hill work when you feel able and joina running club for support............................

HAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFL! :d

I'm putting a training schedule together for her later... ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
weekend of 17th and 18th May in Bristol... there are races both days and we are entered for the Saturday afternoon 2pm race... quite a civilised time I thought :)

It starts on the Downs I think

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Oh that's great, I would love my mum to take even a little bit of interest in running, if I even so much as mention entering her into a race she gets herself in a right ole fix, she is really anti running as she thinks it takes you over like some crazy cult, which actually is not far off the mark but I wouldn't tell her that ;)

Well Trin you will have to report back with your daughters times.

:d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
twinkle toes said:
Oh that's great, I would love my mum to take even a little bit of interest in running, if I even so much as mention entering her into a race she gets herself in a right ole fix, she is really anti running as she thinks it takes you over like some crazy cult, which actually is not far off the mark but I wouldn't tell her that ;)

Well Trin you will have to report back with your daughters times.

:d

I have the opposite problem... in getting my kids to do some exercise. That's why I didn't put up any resistance to this ;)

I will report on her progress and result at the end :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
My daughter (now 19) entered me and herself for the Sportaid mile a couple of years ago. She doesn't run but is a very good dancer and very fit (tap, ballet, jazz etc.). She was suffering a bit with shin splints at the time and had to walk some of it. Did that stop me giving her stick for being beaten over a mile by her old dad? :d :d :d

1 - 17 of 17 Posts