9 30 AM can of tuna with sweetcorn ,pasta,1 bannana,1 orange
12 30
bowl of special k,1 oranger,1 low fat yogurt
home
6 pm
1 large chicken breast grilled with salad or pasta or spuds
9pm
1 bananna then go for run
after run glass or water with a yogurt and orange or sometimesa bowl of pea or ham or lentils soup
chill out for a hour then bad
about 11pm
back up at 6 30

·
Registered
6,493 Posts

How could you eat that at 9.30! I'd be more inclined to have the Special K at that time.

Nutritionally it looks fine...you need more water though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
work on building site and no fridge or frezzer so want to eat fish before goes warm etc.....
thats all
i have a strong stomach,lol
i do need to drink more water i have bout 4 coffees during the day,will start taken a bottle of water to work

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have dropped Fat out of my diet. I eat between 10 and 15g of fat a day.
I have a very active job and do two lots of running a day so not concerned about calories.
Once a week is my eat anything I like Day I also drink lots of water.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
could always throw in a few bits of fruit or a bagel or something at 3pm to keep teh energy levels up and metabolism ticking over nicely ;)

Other than that though it looks good! wish I could eat as sensibly! lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
hi all is my diet ok?

6 30 am cup of strong coffee ,2 poahced eegs on 1 slice of toast
work
12 30
bowl of special k,1 oranger,1 low fat yogurt
home
6 pm
1 large chicken breast grilled with salad or pasta or spuds
9pm
1 bananna then go for run
after run glass or water with a yogurt and orange or sometimesa bowl of pea or ham or lentils soup
chill out for a hour then bad
about 11pm
back up at 6 30
Pretty decent diet there. A few things i would personally do.

Dot make the tuna an every day food. Too much mecury which aint great. Alternate for mackarel, salmon and whatever other fish or poultry etc

Ditch the special K. It has the nutritional content of cardboard. Replace with Oats with dried fuit & nuts maybe.

Dont be trying to cut all the fats out your diet. Fats are sooo importaint in a healthy diet, especially from natural sources like egg yolks (which you have), nuts, oily fish (tuna isn't an oily fish), animal proteins and some dairy products like butter. Full of vtamins minerals and EFA's

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Agree with the Special K comment. Full of sugar really, especially for a 'diet' food.

Cannot go wrong with porridge with a banana/blueberries/other fruits which take your fancy. Ok, still sugar loading but it is natural and you are still getting the nutrients from the fruit, as opposed to a load of added sugar.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I would add that you should avoid any food that says it is "low fat", because they are all loaded with sugar. It's healthier to eat the full fat versions, especially if you are doing lots of exercise.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Never touch special K either, I prefer two weetabix with tonnes of natural yoghurt on top, keeps me going for hours

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
your diet is not bad but unfortunately it is severely deficient in cellulose... since it really is an essential part of your diet you definitely need to be eating a bit more grass...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i thought it was a dumb thread the guy is eating like a god and everyone is still criticising his diet...

i seriously care so little about food, can't even tell you what i had for breakfast let alone list what i had in a day, lol...

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Good point! lol... I certainly wouldn't criticise it, but since he asked what he could do to improve it it's good to see people have offered suggestions ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i do have treats still have a big fat rump steak on a saturday night, just trying to get body fat done at mo
i use to eat loads of porrige when i done body biulding,i might try that then instead of speacial k,and maybe a bannna on top with the porridge to spice it up a little
thanks for your notes guys have took them on board
scott

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would consider a good piece of red meat a staple of a healthy diet. Red meat is a good protein source on a diet i think as it makes you feel full for soooo much longer than a lean poultry like chicken breast etc, therefore reducing your overal calories and hunger. The quantity of nutrients in it also makes it a great choice of food imo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts