Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just finished the Bupa Great manchester run with a time of 1hr 14 mins - which is very good for me!

Blisters on the instep - but nothing too bad - sun was lovely, atmosphere was great!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Well done Ros, it's a great feeling finishing your first race.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congratulations roswright

Did a 10k myself today but on my own. Always better running with a companion or heaps of other people.

Take it easy this evening.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was very busy, but the weather conditions were great, the course was fairly flat and I will have to do it again next year! I wish I'd been in the last wave in a way - they were overtaking towards the end so it felt a bit congested again. The crowds were great, full of positive encouragement (the kids round here are really rude when you are running on your own) A bit stiff though this evening...

Well done coolerking!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well done on finishing your first 10k's both of you. Good innit??:d Get another one booked! Congratulations:)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Congrats Ros:d

I saw the coverage on TV - looked like a great atmosphere, although the course looked really tight for such a huge number of entrants. Manchester looked great aswell - it almost made me homesick...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I did this race too, and it was my first official 10k, although have done the distance several times in training, which paid off in the end. Did 58 mins 12, my next target is to try to break 55, then 50... I gave up smoking a few years ago, and started running about 7 months ago, after being something of a desk jockey for years, so feel I've made some real achievements :cool:

I have already entered the City of Manchester 10k and the Great Yorkshire Run on the back of finishing the GMR!

I've got the bug :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done Ros,Coolerking,Gary and Rob.

Keep us informed of training progress and next races.......

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Thanks Dave!

Does anyone know when your photo album becomes available at the great run site? I want to show off to my unfit family and friends :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts