Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went along to the first park run event near me today, a 5K time trial. It happens every Saturday and it's free, very friendly and nicely organised. Anyway, despite Friday night's drinks and quite a late meal, I finished in 24.36 which I was happy with despite a killer stitch that slowed me near the middle. Looking at my historic times on the Garmin I think this was the fastest I've done 5K. I'm really glad I went and met some fellow runners and I'm certain I can beat my time in future.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
From one Rob to another - well done! I have yet to break 25mins for 5k (but should come soon) - I will remember your post for inspiration :d

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, roadrunnerrob, I'm originally from Manchester too but I live further oop north now. I only recently dipped under 25 minutes for 5K myself this year. I used to run round Sale water park and the river Mersey when I lived there, have you ever ran there?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Rob said:
Hello, roadrunnerrob, I'm originally from Manchester too but I live further oop north now. I only recently dipped under 25 minutes for 5K myself this year. I used to run round Sale water park and the river Mersey when I lived there, have you ever ran there?

I'm on the east side of Manchester, so not made it out as far as Sale - water park sounds like a good place to run though - maybe one day :cool:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I've just done my third time trial and have found it a great motivation. It gives you a goal to work for and if it's a regular route then you can see your progress in action. I remember finding it very hard to motivate myself to go first time - so good for you that you did it! I'm used to racing with people from my running club but now i'm flying solo it was a major effort to go on on my own but once you've overcome that first hurdle it's very easy to run the race a second time. Good luck !

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Rob said:
I went along to the first park run event near me today, a 5K time trial. It happens every Saturday and it's free, very friendly and nicely organised. Anyway, despite Friday night's drinks and quite a late meal, I finished in 24.36 which I was happy with despite a killer stitch that slowed me near the middle. Looking at my historic times on the Garmin I think this was the fastest I've done 5K. I'm really glad I went and met some fellow runners and I'm certain I can beat my time in future.
Sounds like you had a good time at the time trial - well done on the PB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts