Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post a new thread in here... I am on the moon after running in my first race (10K) on Saturday in the Rocky Mountains (Banff, Canada).

I know so many of you run this regularly, but I have not done so before, and as my name says, I thought I'd never run! After 46.5 years of saying just that, my husband asked me to run a 10K race with him (he has run 3 marathons and had mercy on me ~ he ran with me).

I am flying high!!! I just might be A RUNNER AFTER ALL!!!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Just thought I'd post a new thread in here... I am on the moon after running in my first race (10K) on Saturday in the Rocky Mountains (Banff, Canada).

I know so many of you run this regularly, but I have not done so before, and as my name says, I thought I'd never run! After 46.5 years of saying just that, my husband asked me to run a 10K race with him (he has run 3 marathons and had mercy on me ~ he ran with me).

I am flying high!!! I just might be A RUNNER AFTER ALL!!!
Sounds like you just might be- congratulations!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I agree with Dave... I'm most envious of your running environment!

Congrats on completing the 10k, long may that 'high' last... a runner you certainly are :)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Sounds brilliant! Good on your hubby running next to you, Im sure it must have been tempting just to shoot of!
Welcome to the world of running :) You'll be wondering why it took you so long to get in to it I bet.

Give yourself a pat on the pack, put your running shoes on and get out there again :) Keep us posted.

O.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
WOW Banff is spectacular been there three times now in the Rockies what a fantastic place to run and Congratulations on your First 10k.

You will be looking for another one i expect now :

Well done again. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the scenery was spectacular! Altho it does make for some steep hills in the course. *smile*
My hubby says that after I've run in a race and have the t-shirt, I can't say I'm not a runner anymore!

Thanks for all of your encouragement! It's so much appreciated!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well done u... I have just conviced my wife to start running and she completed her first mile last week with a stop half way... I ran a recovery mile with her on Monday this week and she completed it without stopping...now all I have to do is convince her to have a go at a race some where just so she can get a buzz of competing with others....I will make a runner out of her yet...LOL...Once again well done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts