Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been almost 50 days that doctor said it was chondromalacia grade 2 that is in my leg...He added I can make sport but very slow..what happened after that..I wan to tell you my story afterwards..
In first week I stopped running but instead I walked-that is not a normal walk I walked sevral hours a day- then the ache becomes more for several weeks I have trouble even in walking...For some time(3 days) I have chance to swim and stationary bicycle..It helped lot...
But still when I force in walking it gives signals that "I am here"..
I use a kneecap brace on to my left leg which seems weaker...
Nowdays I am wailking with much less ache..By the way the exercises that strengtens the quadriceps help lot...
I am afraid of running because I think that it is early...My muscles need time....I start to increase the load slowly...Throughout the injury time my pschology was bad for sometime because I sometimes have illusion that nothing will be as good as it is in the past..But now I am much more hopeful..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you give some information on what chondromalacia grade 2 is? I have to admit I've not a clue what it entails :embarrassed:
Actually I asked the doctor,,what is the name of it that I search it in internet etc..He told me it is chondromalacia and suggested me to read patellofemoral syndrome.-I think it is called runners knee genarally-.It is the damage of cartilidge due to excessive running on concrete.He told me the the railway system of the leg and said I shall make the inner thighs strong to make the kneecap to return to railway...

As far as I understand for smmoth activity of leg,the muscles have been balanced..If not one muscle pull the knee cap that results in damage in cartilidge...

He suggested me to make the leg straight..And do it as much as I can lift 5 kg with one leg(he explained me graphically that if I can lift five kg with one leg it will be ok...)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Ah... runners knee :) I understand that!

Yes, having muscle imbalances can cause all sorts of problems. For most people it doesn't cause a problem but for some it can be a real nightmare! Hopefully the strengthening exercises will help you get back to full fitness soon enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My injury was diagnosed today as being Chondromalacia, I have been out of action for two weeks so far and the doctors says no running for at least 7 weeks, hopefully the physio starting next week may shorten the time frame, fingers crossed :(

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
fingers crossed for you both to make a speedy return back to running :'(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts