Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did 4km on monday, most ive done and it was my 3rd run. I went out again last night, only did about 3km and my left knee was hurting on the side, today I can't put any pressure on my leg without it hurting, going up the stairs is abit tricky;)

Should I lay off the running for abit?

Also I had a virus about 4 weeks ago (cold & sore throat) I feel better but ive noticed after every run one of my ears feels blocked and my tonsil on that side really hurts, it keeps flaring up again. I went out last night running and today I feel awful, my head and ear really hurt. My ears do feel cold when I come in from a run.

Does running boost or lower the immunity? I feel so rundown at the moment but don't want to stop the running.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Jing said:
I did 4km on monday, most ive done and it was my 3rd run. I went out again last night, only did about 3km and my left knee was hurting on the side, today I can't put any pressure on my leg without it hurting, going up the stairs is abit tricky;)

Should I lay off the running for abit?

Also I had a virus about 4 weeks ago (cold & sore throat) I feel better but ive noticed after every run one of my ears feels blocked and my tonsil on that side really hurts, it keeps flaring up again. I went out last night running and today I feel awful, my head and ear really hurt. My ears do feel cold when I come in from a run.

Does running boost or lower the immunity? I feel so rundown at the moment but don't want to stop the running.
Hi jing sorry but i missed this post is the pain on the inside or outside of the knee .
Either way you should r.i.c.e the affected area .

ease off on you runs for a few days to see if it improves .You've clearly inflamed something>There are a lot of bugs going round still at the moment could be you haven''t fully recovered from the virus

As for lowering the immunity it's usually lowers it when you start to get over 60 miles a week so i wouldn't worry .

Take it easy when you do start back try running on grass to lessen the impact.

best wishes

Cheriton

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Jing

Could be that you've been going too far too fast - shins and knees don't appreciate that. Cheriton's ideas are what I was going to suggest - a few days' rest, then start off really slowly.

Hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much,

My knee is feeling abit better today but I am feeling totally exhausted. I only get 5-6 hours sleep a night with having 3 little children so I guess that doesn't help. I am going to rest up for another couple of days and then get back into it slowly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts