Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had this before? At my work xmas party last Friday I dusted off some shoes that I hadn't worn probably for a year and spent the day and evening standing up and walking from one bar to the next etc. Next day I felt a sore swelling on the underneath/arch part of my right foot which I attributed to the shoes (my feet not being used to that particular fit). Prior to the party, I'd ran 5 miles on the Wednesday and 7 miles on the Thursday and my feet felt fine on the Friday morning before I put said shoes on. On the following Sunday I ran 7 miles and was in bad pain after about 5 miles and my foot felt very bruised in that area. I think it's recovering now - I'm just resting it totally rather than risk more damage. I was just wondering if anybody has had anything similar from wearing different shoes.

By the way, do you think anybody will notice next year if I'm wearing Brooks running shoes with my best outfit at the xmas do?:d

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katten said:
That depends... Is the alcohol free?
Good point there, Katten! I should turn up 'fashionably late' next year when everybody is already well-oiled with alcohol in the hope that no one will notice:)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Rob said:
Good point there, Katten! I should turn up 'fashionably late' next year when everybody is already well-oiled with alcohol in the hope that no one will notice:)
hahaha :d

As for the shoes... Deinitely yes... New shoes/shoes that you seldom wear can cause big problems if you wear them for a long time, like you did.

Rest, rest, rest (not necessarily staying away fromn running) is the best solution for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts