Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Add me to the injured list.

Feels like a trapped nerve in my back.

Started in the middle of last week,the pain runs from my just off centre of my back across my right buttock.

I kept running last week,ran 5 miles on Saturday and the same on sunday,The problem is that I am now getting all sorts of other niggles,tight groin,sore knee and what feels like a thight hamstring.

I think that these other problems are probably caused by me running slightly differently due to the discomfort in my back.

I have now decided to rest for a few days to see if it improves.

Any suggestions as to what might be my best course of action would be apprieciated.

Thanks. Dave.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dave! I always found 'deep heat' rubbed in worked for my aches and pains when I use to play football.

but if its a trapped nerve you might find a massage of some description is needed !.................. every cloud eh!!! :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Granty said:
but if its a trapped nerve you might find a massage of some description is needed !.................. every cloud eh!!! :)

Any Volunteers...............:d Not you Granty.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
If the price is right, I'll try anything !! :embarrassed:

OMG - I'm sounding like Dave ............. H.E.L.P

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steady Edwina said:
Hmm have you actually experienced a remedial sports massage?

No.......... Enlighten me............;)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
But when it works its bliss - it was worth all the agony and deep breathing to endure the pain but I do draw the line at bruising.

·
Registered
231 Posts
From one injured to another - Sorry to hear it Dave. The remedial sports massage sounds like a good answer for you. I've known a few people (interestingly, all men) with trapped nerves in their lower backs, and although it usually went away with some good rest, they (esp. in the case of my Dad) found that it was a recurring problem. So massage sounds like a very good way to get rid of the problem permanently. In my Dad's case, he eventually changed his fitness regime to cycling and generally increased his level of fitness. As you're already a runner, I'm not sure that you need the extra fitness.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look forward to hearing all about your experience Steve.

Havn`t booked to be tortured yet.I went for a couple of runs of a few miles on Sunday and Monday after 7 days rest and it feels like things maybe settling down.

I will do a few miles tonight and take it from there.

If things don`t improve then I will have to phone one of the numbers I have been given of people who practice the dark art of RSM.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts