Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m planning to run the Enschede Marathon on 26th of April 2009 and am already starting to train for that very special day. My plan is to achieve a time under 4hours.
Three years ago I participated at the Ruhrmarathon and finished relaxed in 4:52hrs without much of a training and no ambitions regarding the finishing time. Afterwards I wasn´t running that much ( my stats and races: fliegendezwerge. de / loopen . html sorry for that wired URL, am not allowed to post normal URL´s cause I´m new to this forum).
Now the love for running is back and I´m enjoying it...my forerunner 305 is another reason for that revival.

Why Enschede? Cause it´s just a 40min ride over the autobahn to Enschede and I like the flying dutchmen.
Maybe I´ll try to get a place at the London Marathon. I´m not sure wether it is true that when you raise a certain amount ( 1.500 pounds or so ) for a charity you get a place for the London Marathon 2009? Are there charities that give you a place when you´re fundraising? If so I might try it via my english cousin who´s regulary giving money to charities.

As I´m still a beginner regarding Marathon I´d love to hear your advices about my training etc. which I´ll post here from time to time. I´ll put some picture up as well so you can see in which area I´m running ( very rural part of germany ).

So much for now
Greeting from Münster ( my working place ) where we´ve got 27 degrees again
Marc

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm doing the Muenster Marathon this fall!
If I was you I'd look to some of the great races in Europe. London ain't all its cracked up to be!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi steepler, I´m working in Munster and am just living 30k away from Münster.
The Münster Marathon is excellent - all my running friends tell me.
I´d love to run London, cause I´m watching the London Marathon on TV since 16 years now and have not participated a single time.
Enschede would be ok, too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks that I´ll start in London and that I will get a place via a charity...excellent stuff.
I haven´t found a file for my forerunner with the running course. Not even on my fave site gpsies.com
Are there any other pages in the UK where I can find the marathon course for my forerunner?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I ran 3.36.20 Had been ill so just cruised round. Splits of 1.45 and 1.51 so didn't slow like I normally do!
nice... 'cruised round in 3.36' ;)

Well done!
Hope you're feeling better... take it easy this week

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Would have been more than happy with that myself Steepler..good running!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks everyone! I actually enjoyed a marathon for the first time. My first at London in 1996 I ran splits of 1.30 and 2.01!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Great effort Steepler.

Maybe I`ll do one myself one day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts