Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that if I really go for it I really feel quite sick towards the end of the run.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know what causes it?

N.B. I tend to eat a banana and a (Special K) cereal bar about an hour and a half before I go out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Ilsa :) I get that very occasionally, I suspect it's likely just the exertion, but definitely worth varying what you eat and seeing if that makes a difference. Your body may just adapt with time anyway.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I sometimes feel like that at the end of a hard race, if I've really pushed myself. I think it's just a reaction to the exertion and quite normal...so long as it doesn't happen on every run

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Same here as with Trinity. Last Sunday I ran a half-marathon and for the next 7 hours I felt really sick.
On training runs that never happens (except for the first few minutes after very intense reps) and when racing it's mostly when doing half-marathons or 800m races (how odd now I mention it... probably the huge build of lactic acid in the 800s).

What causes this in the half-marathons? I have heard of dehidration, heat, humidity... I don't know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts