Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that if I really go for it I really feel quite sick towards the end of the run.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know what causes it?

N.B. I tend to eat a banana and a (Special K) cereal bar about an hour and a half before I go out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Ilsa :) I get that very occasionally, I suspect it's likely just the exertion, but definitely worth varying what you eat and seeing if that makes a difference. Your body may just adapt with time anyway.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I sometimes feel like that at the end of a hard race, if I've really pushed myself. I think it's just a reaction to the exertion and quite normal...so long as it doesn't happen on every run

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I've never had it whilst actually running, but once i've finished i've not felt great once or twice... both times i'd pushed myself pretty much to the limits of my capabilities.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Same here as with Trinity. Last Sunday I ran a half-marathon and for the next 7 hours I felt really sick.
On training runs that never happens (except for the first few minutes after very intense reps) and when racing it's mostly when doing half-marathons or 800m races (how odd now I mention it... probably the huge build of lactic acid in the 800s).

What causes this in the half-marathons? I have heard of dehidration, heat, humidity... I don't know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts