Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've never used a sports watch etc. before and have been wanting to know the distance I am running whilst running instead of using my car to measure the distance first!

The sport.tool navman R300 is for running and records lap history etc. The W300 is said to b for walking. It measures speed and distance, current and average pace. Would this not be sufficient for running too? Once you have run a lap, jotting it down in your PC would be easy enough wouldn't it? A lap in this case does mean a run doesn't it? Or am I mistaken?!

Any comments/advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi :)

I have no doubt that it can be used for running, or they will have a very similar model that can be.

You might want to check out the posts on GPS Watches on this forum. Lots of people here swear by their Garmins, although there are a few good brands to choose from

·
Registered
8 Posts
navman

My Navman has not come out of the drawer for a long time, hence I have forgotten which one it is ( the blue one).
It was an expensive mistake, at least for me.
1. Unreliable; it has a tendency to switch off and ignore sections of the route if you go under bridges, trees or past high buildings, and hence under-records distance. Hence useless for my canal-side urban routes.
2. Not very robust; the first one stopped working after minor injury; fortunately replaced by dealer.
3. Uncontactable technical support fron navman
A simple pedometer, once accurately calibrated to your running stride length, is suprisingly accurate and a lot cheaper, and less of a worry re theft/damage/loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts