Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Im 5'5 and 51kg nearly 8stone which is under weight for my height, i dont eat that much and do think it hinders my performance sometimes. This is something i have to work on eating more to keep energy levels up and recovery.
So i would guess its more down to eating the right amount/foods if your doing that then weight would only be an issue if it like me hinders your performance i.e over/under weight. Hope that helps Hayley

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I'm not sure there is an ideal weight as such is there? I'd have thought if you take a look at a BMI chart you would soon see and ideal weight range for general healthy living, but in terms of running performance I think it's more about Body Fat Percentage?? I may be wrong of course, this is just my understanding of things!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'm the same height as you, and 8st 2. I'm also vegetarian so I watch what I eat and make sure I get enough protein, iron, vitamins etc

I've found this to be a good running weight for me

·
Registered
98 Posts
9 stone is your ideal 'normal' weight. But for your height, a world class athelete would be 7.6 stones :) For a non-world class athelete, you will probably see best running benefits at 8.5 stones...

EDIT: Trinity, what PB's do you have at different distances?? Your weight is very good and you should reap the benefits of that in your running so ong as, as you say, you keep up the quality of your diet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts