Runners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm a keen hill runner - or was until I developed what is presumably a bad hip flexor overuse injury 9 months ago. My entire pelvis area felt really sore and inflamed for several months, and I still have a lot of pain and weakness in my iliacus, QL and lower psoas areas, especially on the right. I haven't been able to even walk or sit properly since I got injured, there are periods when I'm feeling a bit better and can walk over an hour without too much discomfort but like now I'm having a setback and even 30 min walking is painful with iliacus and lower back cramps. I'm seeing a physio and just finally had an MRI, I'm waiting to hear the results but I strongly suspect I have developed a lot of scar tissue in my iliopsoas, or alternatively a severe case of tendinopathy.

So I'm actively working on trying to get this sorted, but I could REALLY use some positive stories to boost my faith that I can eventually recover and return to running. I know that scar tissue and/or tendinopathies can take 1-2 years before functionality is restored so I'm willing to be patient (finally have accepted the timeline, I have to admit I haven't probably done myself any favours by trying to return to some level of activity before I was fully healed...). But it would be so encouraging to hear from anyone who's had a tendinopathy or other soft tissue problems that have taken a really long time to resolve, but have since returned to the level of activity before the injury. Please share your stories!!! Thank you so much in advance 😊

1 - 1 of 1 Posts