Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight problem with my Garmin 301 and Sportracks software.

For some reason I go for a 20 minute run, I get back and the Garmin says ive ran for 20 minutes which is fine but when I sync it with Sport tracks it says something like 17 minutes and when I view the map it shows the run started a few minutes down the road, so I change the route to show where I actually started from which then adjusts all my split times etc but still says total time was 17 minutes.

I can edit the total time but if I do this the split times still arent correct, as they only total 17 minutes in stead of the 20 minutes they should be.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong as id like to accurately measure how well or not I am progressing.

thanks in advance

T

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it picks up a GPS signal further down the road as were in a shaded area so I guess that stops it but the timer starts fine and as im running then it picks up the signal a couple of minutes into the run.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That's kinda what I mean, I wonder if because the GPS signal takes a couple of minutes to lock on, when you sync it it sounds like its only syncing from when the GPS locked on - hence the slight difference in time.

Not sure if that makes sense (it does to me !! :d

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah you could be right there. Maybe I should wait outside until it picks up a signal and try that.

Im running Tomorrow so will try it and report back on how I get on.

thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I always put my Garmin outside on the garden table while I get ready, then when I pick it up its picked up the sat's and is ready to go!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts