Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for a quick jog tonight and as usual didnt take my keys. I live in a 1st floor flat and we keep the front door unlocked and the door to the building on a security latch. I told my boyfriend I wouldnt be long and I would take the door off the latch so I could get back in

....what does he go and do? goes out for milk and locks the door behind him so I couldnt get in! I spent 5 mins screaming at the door waiting for him to realise what he'd done before he came flying downstairs to be met with a rather pissed of Liz3yy! :mad:

I think I used more energy trying to get in than I did during my jog! Anyway I'm thinking now I need somewhere to stash my keys while I'm out without them getting in the way, any ideas guys?!

·
Registered
466 Posts
There are a few options to consider -

Pop them somewhere descreet by your door, perhaps difficult in a block of flats.

Wear a bum bag with your keys and a mobile phone in.

If you have a place on your equipment to attach a karabina clip then pop your keys onto the karabina.

A more risky option which I've seen at races is to tie them into your laces. I wouldn't personally as it's fiddly and likely to end up at the door and realise they've come off!

Get a lanyard and attach them but you'd have to carry them in your hand.

If you wear a camel-pak then just pop them in there.

Plenty of options to consider and I bet there's loads more to come!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my bra?! no thanks! :p

I dont have pockets in my running trousers so thats no good

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm thanks for the ideas, I dont like the thought of leaving them outside the flat anywhere, its very close to the local pub......!

A bumbag might be a the best bet though it wont do much for my street cred! :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take the one key you need off the keyring and tie it through your laces. job done.
The simplest ideas are always the best arent they? cheers Richard! that sounds better than having a bag strapped to my arm.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
of course make sure it's properly secured... I thread one of the laces through the whole before tieing the laces, and then I poke the 'non-attached' end of the key under the laces that cross over the tongue of the shoe.

There's always paranoia when you first do it and you keep checking it's still there :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
a bit like your first racing chip :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try it at the weekend and let you know how I get on!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I carry a runners water bottle and I found that I could unscrew the lid and the metal circular keyring on the front door key fits perfectly round the head of the bottle! Just screw the lid back on and voila!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh it is safe, I dont think its a good idea to leave your door unlocked whereever you live

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Went to go out my front door today which is hardly ever used, tried to unlock it but the key was stuck and wouldn't turn gave the door a tug to try and loosen it and it opened. It has been unlocked for atleast several weeks possibly more. Ahwell

1 - 20 of 30 Posts