Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Need some advice. I have started a pretty heavy routine to loose fat from my mid section as im getting married in october. My routine consists of 3 X 5k runs on the treadmill and 2 X 10k runs 5 times a week. I compliment the 5k runs with 1/2 weights. Ive also cut quite a lot of fat foods out and mainly stick to juice, fruit, soups, some noodles, etc I drink appox 2.5litres a day and also try not to drink any alcohol as this clearly has bad cals. I try to relax during the weekends and give me body a rest. im 3 weeks into this routine and feeling pretty good but at the same time very tired most days.

Should i stick to this or change it in some way. I was also thinking of just doing the cardio one day and weights the other?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
No wonder you are tired that is quite some schedule, if you are a beginner.

Perhaps like you have already suggested do alternates otherwise too much too soon can be off putting. This would allow you then to build up to more as you start to get used to it.

Perhaps to 2 x 5k and 1 x 10k and the weights, it is the cardio that will reduce your weight and the weights will help tone you up.

You certainly sound like you are on a mission and good luck with it all, keep us posted on your progress.

TT :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It's definately a very tough schedule for a beginner!!! If you can manage then obviously the more you can do, the more weight you'll lose, but there's always a risk of overtraining and becoming injured :(

If it's not a problem to keep on as you are, then keep at it, but hold back if anything starts to feel amiss. If you're finding it hard to stay motivated and the tiredness is putting you off, then yes, it'd be much better to tone down the training and stick at it rather than make yourself so fed up that you give up!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I agree with the others - that's a pretty heavy schedule for a newbie.

I'd suggest doing your weights and runs on separate days, and make sure you have a t least a couple of complete rest days every week.

You've got plenty of time between now and October to increase your fitness gradually and keep burning the fat off.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Questions:

How much do you weigh and what do you want to lose.

If your body is coping with the exercise then good. Mine rebels if I do to much and bits start to hurt. If you are tired I would expect you are not eating enough of the right foods.

I have cut out a lot like you to lose weight but every so often I run out of energy and have to refuel. As long as I lose over the week I do not beat myself up.

Best thing you can do is lose the alcohol. You will lose inches faster than you lose weight without it.

Good luck. We got married last October and are losing weight afterwards. Bit backwards but hey.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello there.

I can't give any technical advice as I'm still a newbie myself but I can tell you that the best thing you can do is to listen to your own body. if your feeling tired all the time then perhaps ease up on the exercise a little and maybe eat some more carbs/protein etc. Your body is trying to communicate with you so listen and you dont want to be injured long term .

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts