Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, ian,45. 92kg 5'11"
in an effort to lose abit of middle age spread (like to get down to around 80kg) i got a roger black gold treadmill!
before buying it, a few weeks ago i went for a 2mile jog and almost died it was so hard.
so thought a tread mill would get me going abit before i hit the roads.
is the read out on this machine any good? first day on it 3.5miles, at 7.5mph
2, 5 miles. 8mph
3, 4miles, 7.5mph
4, rest.
5, 8miles 7.5mph
no stiffness or aches what am i doing wrong
ill be doing a marathon by the end of the month...lol

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Trust me, you won't be up to a marathon, but you will be fitter. :)

Assuming you are running on the flat the treadmill is easier than the road as it moves under you. A couple of percent incline is more akin to the road flat. Also the tready is easier on your joints.

Welcome to the site and good luck with the weight loss.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Any treadmill I've seen (I Haven't seen many) use KPH instead of MPH as default - maybe just check wherther or not you've got it on Kilo's or Miles.

The main thing is that you are doing something, s keep at it and watch the pounds drop off

From reading previous posts - if you can change the angle to 1.5 degrees - then it should be more in-line with road running.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks im sure its running on mph as the speed only goes up to 8.8 on the display,the instrutions say the machine will run at a max of 14kph think that works out to be around 8.8mph. it also has a incline function, but i find that once elavated of the bump stops the tread plat becomes to bouncy, may get better as i loose a bit weight but in the meen time i plan to place a bit wood under the front to give it some incline

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Hi Ian

I have a Roger Black treadmill too. It makes so much noise when I start running that you'd think I was pounding up and down on Roger Black himself (now there's a thought).

Good luck. Let us know if you find it easier next time you run outside.
Liz

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
LOL at Pip

I spent ages tightening various bolts on mine until I could run on it without it squeaking, then I moved it and had to do it all over again :( Worth it though :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ian

I have a Roger Black treadmill too. It makes so much noise when I start running that you'd think I was pounding up and down on Roger Black himself (now there's a thought).

Good luck. Let us know if you find it easier next time you run outside.
Liz
lol.... first week on the treadmill, done 25miles altogether. it is a very noisy machine
also on mine the belt seems to slip when you first start running on it till it warms up, bit like running in mud! starting to hate roger black already..lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts