Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meg has recently found that he is needing to wee after only about 20mins into each run, he hasnt changed anything before he runs like drinking more etc, and he only takes half of one of those running bottles (not literally a bottle that runs along side of him lol):embarrassed: but you know what I mean. He runs around the town area so it's hard to stop anywhere to wee. :eek: Any ideas what could be causing this please and is it common?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nerves !!, as strange as it sounds when I started running with other people I felt the urge to 'empty myself' on a more frequent basis. I believe I have since overcome this but I had changed nothing else like taking on more water.

Has he started running with anyone else ?

I could of course just be weird !! :confused:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying Granty............ he still runs alone he still isnt confident about his running capability even though he did the 13 miles and felt fine afterwards, but what you say does make sense cos as the day looms closer, he is saying he hopes he can make it around okay, and that he doesnt have to be picked up by the bus that goes around after so many hours to pick up stragglers. Thats a relief then that i dont have to buy man sized nappies, but can just try calming him instead PHEW!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Tell him not to worry.

In the few races I`ve run in,and they have only been 10k,runners,male & female don`t seem to worry about stopping behind a bush.

Wish him all the best. Dave.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave said:
Tell him not to worry.

In the few races I`ve run in,and they have only been 10k,runners,male & female don`t seem to worry about stopping behind a bush.

Wish him all the best. Dave.
thanks for that Dave. What he is worrying about is its around Sheffield centre that the run is and he doesnt know where toilets are. I said to him last night when he came bursting through the door to go to the toilet, ' why didnt you go behind a bush somewhere, it is dark afterall' he said yeah but it woulkd be my luck that someone would see me a report me to the police for indecent exposure lol, poor guy he's gonna be a wreck by the day lol

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Is it just when he's running he wants to pee more or is it other times as well? (sorry Meg) What color is his pee (again apologies Meg)? It should be a nice straw colour.

At least we know it can't be his uterus as he hasn't got one.....if he needs to go he needs to go as long as he doesn't flash any small children or nervous women he should be ok....Sorry was watching Big Daddy last night.

Good luck to him with HM training. Hope you and the kids are well as well??

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply Edwina, to be truthful, I'm not a very good wifey I havent asked if he has had to go more frequently at other times, will ask him tongith when he gets home. He did say that his wee isnt that strong when he goes, which i suppose is something. I'll tell him to go behind a bush so long as no one is lingering longily behind it then lol.
Other than that his training is going well, and he's still really enjoying it. The kids and I are all well now thank you, Cooper (05) had the flu 02 weeks ago which knocked him for six poor lil guy, then i had the gastric flu (think it was mans version cos i still went to work) but *whispers* i did feel shocking and laid on couch when i got home after making the dinner, which is totally out of character for me, then had to take eldest son to hospital tuesday as someone had tried joking around at his work place and put some tyre rubber shavings down his back, not realising that they had been in contact with chemicals and so Lee was having probs breathing,lips swelled and he came out in terrible welts and burn like marks all over him, so he's now on steroids til tomorrow, poor lad other than that though we're all great, thank you for asking. Hope you and yours are all well too xxx

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Goodness as I have long suspected your are superwoman.

Hubbys recovering from knee arthroscopy nicely and I have some new running shoes, which is about as exciting as it gets down here lol.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steady Edwina said:
Goodness as I have long suspected your are superwoman.

Hubbys recovering from knee arthroscopy nicely and I have some new running shoes, which is about as exciting as it gets down here lol.

wish your hubby all the best from us xxx
New running shoes huh, well it's new and it's footwear, so hey that is exciting!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I'm sure I read somewhere fairly recently that men in particular are more prone to need to go when it's cold.I've noticed myself that I feel the urge to go more in the colder weather although my routine has not changed.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
interesting, i shall tell him this when he gets back from his run, he hasnt drank anything for the past 3 hours to see how he goes, and is just taking the half bottle out with him on his run so he's due back in about 2 hours, I shall see if it worked or perhaps he will come in with chapped legs lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
runnerman1971, he used to run around 04:30am, but found he had problems then with needing toilet for other reasons lol.
He went last night after not drinking for hours prior to the run but still after 20 mins he needed to go, so i'm flumaxed lol, told him on the race day he may need to get some of those incontinence pads possibly, but then he may get unwanted attention by people thinking he's the new linford Christie lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts