Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, silly question but thought id ask it.
Does anyone else ever go for a run not knowing how far it is, think its so far and its never as far as you hoped :) stupid i know but i always do it lol
Went out this morn, hilly run where i am, got home looked it up and there you go not so far as i thought.:d
Must be psychological lol
I ran 6 miles in 45 mins so i was happy with it tho :)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Can't moan at that Hayley! though I know exactly what you mean, I can be running for what feels like 6/7 miles into a run with the club and look down at my garmin to see I've just passed the 4mile mark. :push: D'oh!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey 6 miles in 45 mins is fab!, wish I could do that!!!, however I do know what you mean, when I first started running I thought I was doing 5 miles and it turned out to be 3.5 lol!! bought myself a forerunner then and that brought me down to earth bigtime with my mile splits

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glad im not the only one:)
Iv found a running partner tho, i run with her once a week, and she runs 10 min miles which is great for me as it slows me down and i could run on and on, i can talk the whole time as well when i run with her so now im looking at putting more miles in so we will see :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I always try and use mapmyrun before taking to the streets that way I know roughly how far I have run at any given time and I also no in advance how many miles the complete run will be..it certainly helps me but now could do with a running partner just for a little push and competition..but hey I wish I could run 6 miles in 45 mins...keep it going

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
IMHO folk always overestimate their mileage.....so I take what folk say they have done on a run with a pinch of salt...unless I know they are Garmined up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts