Runners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Great, but you missed a few off the end - things like WAVA, X-country and Zone... I'm not clever enough to think of anything for U, V and Y ......
Incidentally, I have a new geriatric post too...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great, but you missed a few off the end - things like WAVA, X-country and Zone... I'm not clever enough to think of anything for U, V and Y ......
Incidentally, I have a new geriatric post too...
Thank you. I'll have missed loads. Think I might have to update it as I go along.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
At the turn of the year there were two races high on my agenda. Man V Horse and Hope24. One has been my ‘to run list’ since I DNS’ed years back and the other was my running highlight of 2018. The fact that the two are a week apart didn’t really phase me. I believe I may have said something along the lines of treating Man V Horse as a long (hilly) training run with a medal.

https://bontride.wordpress.com/2019/08/22/biting-off-more-than-i-can-chew/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good read that.

Think telling people you're doing a race is they key to getting a good time.

It's entirely possible you could be held back on the day due to either injury or bad weather but if people know you've entered for it, you're motivated to train properly and put in your best performance.

Otherwise you could be faced with the humiliation of having to tell people you either pulled out or your finish time was rubbish due to a lack of training.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Good read that.

Think telling people you're doing a race is they key to getting a good time.

It's entirely possible you could be held back on the day due to either injury or bad weather but if people know you've entered for it, you're motivated to train properly and put in your best performance.

Otherwise you could be faced with the humiliation of having to tell people you either pulled out or your finish time was rubbish due to a lack of training.
Thank you. Glad you liked it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Latest update on the lessons learned from not being able to do what you want where you want

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Last weekend I ran the North Coast Ultra - 110km from Barnstaple to Minehead. It was without doubt the hardest thing I've ever done to myself. Race report below:

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts