Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started ditching my trusted bagel for a fruit milkshake.

Take a shed load of soft fruit (banana, strawberries, raspberries etc); add a glass of milk; whiz in blender until mixed; add a handful of oats; whiz again; enjoy.

Even hubby likes it and has started getting up whilst I'm out for my morning run and having it ready for when I get back!

Not sure if it's really enough for brekkie as I'm pretty hungry by midday, but I'm sure it's all good for me.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
ye, that does sound good, might do something like that over the weekend. One option I guess is to make it the night before and then put it in the fridge.

O.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
sounds yummy, it'd take too much time for me though.

Maybe if you put in some more oats it would keep you going longer?
Time consuming? Seriously?!

You're looking at 2 minutes max!!!

Now porridge, on the other hand, is a time consuming breakfast for one who is always in a rush!!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Blueberries are nice in a smoothie too - but I like to add ice-cream :)

Pain is washing up the blender - thats what puts me off!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blueberries are nice in a smoothie too - but I like to add ice-cream :)

Pain is washing up the blender - thats what puts me off!!
Rinse with hot water, then whiz with hot water and washing up liquid for 30 seconds, then rinse out soap. Done in a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
OK - fair enough... I was thinking of the blades at the bottom with the washing up mop - but just using liquid sounds much easier!!

:) happy now!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've started ditching my trusted bagel for a fruit milkshake.

Take a shed load of soft fruit (banana, strawberries, raspberries etc); add a glass of milk; whiz in blender until mixed; add a handful of oats; whiz again; enjoy.

Even hubby likes it and has started getting up whilst I'm out for my morning run and having it ready for when I get back!

Not sure if it's really enough for brekkie as I'm pretty hungry by midday, but I'm sure it's all good for me.
Get yourself down to your local Decathlon store and get some Energy Bars. Oats, honey and seeds and there brilliant especially if you run in a morning.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I used to do almost exactly that, but with yoghurt and just a little bit of milk to make it runny enough to drink. Not sure whether the yoghurt makes any difference, or whether I maybe just added more oats, but it used to keep me going till lunchtime.

I haven't made it for ages, but you've inspired me to start making it again, at least on some days.

It's such an easy way to get about 2 of your 5-a-day as well :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm still on the same brekkie, although I'm not managing it every day (bit like my running really).

Hubby has lost interest but drinks it when I make it - or spoons it from the glass depending on how much oats I put in! Current favourite is strawberry and banana, although the blackberries went down a treat the other day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
3 eggs, 4 rashers of bacon, 4 sausages, toast, black pudding, hash brown, beans, tomatos and musrooms. Now thats my favourite breakfast howeve not very healthy or do i have it often at all when im training :D

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
3 eggs, 4 rashers of bacon, 4 sausages, toast, black pudding, hash brown, beans, tomatos and musrooms. Now thats my favourite breakfast howeve not very healthy or do i have it often at all when im training :D

drooooooool!

bugger... now im starvin marvin for bacon butty

·
Registered
943 Posts
If I make one of those and leave it over night it separates :confused:

Who thought one could get a smoothie wrong?!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts