Runners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 6711 Posts

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
20 miles a week extra or 20 over the 5 weeks? Laura, lets do our highest miles ever and make Mr C work those legs of his :lol:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
20 miles a week extra or 20 over the 5 weeks? Laura, lets do our highest miles ever and make Mr C work those legs of his :lol:
You're on.

Bring girly ribs.

Off out this lunchtime again...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Good luck team Lauras! :)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
All changed and good to go... :d
Another 3miles just completed at lunch. :d

This thread is really working for me.. how is everyone else getting on?

Rest day tomorrow.. then back on it Thurs..

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
.. how is everyone else getting on?

..thinking that I need to find a new job, the main requirement being that there are showers in the building. :d

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
..thinking that I need to find a new job, the main requirement being that there are showers in the building. :d
It has been a Godsend Jeanette.. And I need all the help I can get! :push:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Good work Agent Scone!

Agent waterlauralily reporting for duty!
This morning, I did 3 miles in the tipping rain across a bog ankle-deep in water - BRING IT ON!

I'm totally inspired and am declaring April action month - boot camp here we come!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Good work Agent Scone!

Agent waterlauralily reporting for duty!
This morning, I did 3 miles in the tipping rain across a bog ankle-deep in water - BRING IT ON!

I'm totally inspired and am declaring April action month - boot camp here we come!
Ooo I like it Action April 2010 :cool:

You 'av balls of Steel Agent Waterlauralily going out in those conditions this morning!

Purrrraise indeed. :amused:

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Get you, 8 miles this week already, I'm liking your Action Plan :d

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
hmmmm... well it may be like when I run a 10k.. go all out for the first half then stagger across the finish line!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Your on a mission now L... :tup: ... rest day for me today but tomorrows a seriously hilly hill rep day... :push:
Ta Rolo.. enjoy your hills.. i will be sitting on the sofa with me feet up tomorrow! :p

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
...Ok

So I'm driving home from work minding my own business in my little black KA when a red sports car pulls out on me then proceeds to drive at 35 in a 50. I make sure there is enough breaking distance between me and the red car as his driving is a little suspicious and erratic and it's wet out there and i don't fancy a bump

A queue starts to form of impatient commuters wondering what is going on and a massive porsche cayenne decides to over take both me and the red car.. for some reason or another the porsche cayenne driver changes her mind and panics but misjudges the gap she left behind me from when she pulled out and rams into the side of me causing my little car to spin!! :eek:

'I can see it all in slow motion in my head today.. as i was spinning i could see a telegraph pole getting closer. I just closed my eyes and braced myself.. there was nothing else i could do! luckily as the spin ended the post hit my passenger side (i was alone thank god) and i am nose down in a ditch.

I was so lucky. I was of course shaking thanks to the adrenalin and there were tears but I got away with a little whiplash to the right of my neck. Nothing serious. However i had to wait for the ambulance and police to arrive... it all seems very surreal now.. being taken to hospital on a plank stretcher that you see in the movies..

I was busting for a wee too! every bump in the road to the hospital was agony! :lol:

I like to think Nanny was up there looking after me as apparently every light turned green!

So.. that's my evening.. It sounds more dramatic than the end injuries and it was scary but i honestly don;t feel bad at all today.. just like i have slept funny.. nice LONG long weekend for me i guess.. :d

Hopefully this wont effect my goal this week.. can afford to rest a couple of days with 8 miles already on the legs..

Its so scary to think that although YOU are driving sensibly someone else's misjudgment can cause YOU harm,

Everyone.. WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Jesus Laura glad you're o.k, sounds like a lucky escape.

There was once a photoshopped advert about porsche Cayenne drivers which basically called anyone thinking of buying one or who had already bought one was a **nt.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Awww, Laura!!! Glad to hear that you are ok!!!

That sounds very scary indeed and it was lucky that you were travelling alone. I hope the other driver accepts responsibility. It does sound like someone upstairs was watching out for you because that could have been so much worse.

Take care of yourself and be careful next time you run!!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Scary story indeed Laura.. Take some rest, some niggles and pains might not have surfaced directly..

41 - 60 of 6711 Posts