Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people.

I'm relatively new to running and definitely a newbie to this forum

I've been running since about May this year. I did my first 10k on 01 July and it was fantastic. I'm doing two more 10k runs in September and October.

I'm not a fast runner unfortunately (that will happen with time and more effort/training) but I can go at a nice steady clip without having to walk. Not bad for a guy who is 16.5 stone I think!

I used to smoke... stopped on 27 April this year by reading Alan Carr's book. He was right... it was easy! Where was that book for all those 17 years? lol

I've really started getting into the running and I do enjoy it a great deal. My mind kind of just goes when I run and before you know it... 10k gone by! It's great.

Looking forward to the discussions on here.

Laters!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :d

Glad ur enjoying running + ur first 10K. I also loved my first one and found it easier than expected - didnt even come last! lol.

Shelby

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Well done my first 10k i got the time i wanted 46.34 and thats what i was worried about not getting sub 50. Keep going though good luck

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Nothing wrong with coming last - someone has to. I used to avoid races with small fields because with big races you have less chance of coming last.

Eventually after 13 years of running I came last in a race; the Devon Coastal Marathon. And guess what it did not matter. A few months later someone told me that I had been a great inspiration to her because of that race. She had seen me finish with a big smile on my face and thank the organisers for a great time. She decided from that point to enjoy her running more, take on bigger challenges and just have fun. So even coming last I did very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts