Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garmin unveiled two new products in their GPS-enabled fitness product line, the Forerunner 205 and Forerunner 305, at the Consumer Electronics Show. Both the products provide information in real-time to the users and help keep track of their fitness regime and goals.

Garmin Forerunner 205

Garmin Forerunner 305

Full details here

·
Registered
18 Posts
It would be good to see these on someones wrist to get an idea of scale. From what I've heard they are still quite large. Has anyone got any other images?

·
Registered
58 Posts
They look great (\i've got the 301 now) but what i really want is a combination of the above and the 305 bike computer with cadence and mapping for those of us who do tri.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gumps said:
They look great (\i've got the 301 now) but what i really want is a combination of the above and the 305 bike computer with cadence and mapping for those of us who do tri.
Taken from the Garmin website...

Monitor your pedaling cadence as you ride with the purchase of the GSC 10. Like the heart rate monitor, this self-calibrating, wireless speed/cadence sensor uses the same robust wireless technology to measure and report your pedaling strokes per minute.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd like that combo too gumps. Do you think there will be such a thing? I can't get my head round the technology needed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I love my 201, but I don't think there is enough on the 205/305 to justify an upgrade just yet (blooming expensive!). Maybe if mine gives up the ghost I'll replace it with the 205.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hammerite said:
I love my 201, but I don't think there is enough on the 205/305 to justify an upgrade just yet (blooming expensive!). Maybe if mine gives up the ghost I'll replace it with the 205.
Your right price of upgrade is prohibative :eek:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dragon Breath said:
But will it make me any faster?
Will a 205 or 305 make you any quicker than if you use a 201 or 301? Probably not, I'm not entirely sure if it will provide you with a whole load of different information.

Will a 205/301 or 205/201 help you run faster than without? then probably yes. The information it gives should help you train better, pace better, run more efficiently etc...... It won't make you run any quicker than you have the potential to run, but the information could help you reach your potential (if all that makes sense!).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've read that the Edge 305, a cycle computer has the same chipset as the Forerunner and hence very similar features.

There is a very brief user review here if anyone wants a look.

AJ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts