Runners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to this site but have been subscribing to runners world for two years since I started running.
I wonder if anyone can assist? I started exercising initially to lose weight, combining jogging outdoors with gym work. I lost 9 stones! Going from size 22 dress size to size 8. Unfortunayely I got rather obsessed with food and exercise and became borderline anorexic as well as full blown bulimic. I am now in recovery and have not been sick for two years. However, I still am obsessed with food and have a fear of it. I exercise at least 5 days a week for just over an hour and this is hard cardio exercise followed by a 8-10mile run at the weekends which I complete in about 1hour 45. I am size 10 now and would love to remain this size. I am concerned that I am very slow and "plod" rather than run. Am I still burning as many calories. Can I eat most things (bearing in mind I do not eat chocolates or treats at all and do not drink alcohol) my vice is fruit, muesli, rye bread and porridge!! I do not have fat in my diet and steer largely clear of wheat and dairy. Sorry to go on but if anyone out there can help I'd be grateful. Thankyou for reading me!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts