Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I'm new here and I would like some advice if any of you folks could help.
Basically my aim is to complete the next years manchester marathon, I am going to start training now because I am going to undertake running as a hobby aswell as for fitness. I am trying to find out if anybody has any programmes which can help me build up to it.
I have run before but never really thought about making it become part of my lifestyle.

I have been torn between weight training and cardio for a while and after deciding that my fitness is more to me, I am just wondering if anybody could give me any advice on nutrition.
I am 13 st 7 and plan to get down to 11st 5, it doesn't have to be a rapid procedure but I would like to see progression. If anybody could give me any advice (example of a daily meal plan) I would be extremely greatful. Or even if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thanks people

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
First things first , gait analysis and get the correct shoes for your running style , this will help to prevent some running related injuries ! As for the diet , i can go no further than recommend slimming world , this plan can be followed on line and believe me it does work as i have lost over 4 and a half stone with it ! Good luck , i hope it works for you .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts