Runners Forum banner

New here...

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ryanandmel 
#1 ·
Hello!
We're new here after google suggested you. I'll click on the odd advert so you make some money:happy:
We're Ryan and Mel - and fortunate to be just starting to take some time out.

Shameless plug ;) doyourdream.co.uk

We plan to travel Europe and would love to do a race in each country if we can find one. (A race that is, we know where most of the countries are ;)) We find some races give you good routes which you'd not otherwise see.

We do 10k, 10m and 1/2m races. Train together, but race separately. (Except once when I was ill and so ran with Mel.:love:... never again!:lol:)

We will never win a race, but we do race against PBs and seem to be improving.

Anyway - bored you enough.

Our moto: You are only alive once - ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!:idea:

#7 ·
Hot isn't it :d

Just out of interest, considering you will be blogging from round the world. Your sites formatting goes to pot when viewed on an iPhone and is unreadable. I like your concept though and look forward to following your progress.

BTW why not put a link in your signature to save typing it into your posts.

#8 ·
interesting idea guys..

I'm hoping to be made redundant on Tuesday and was thinking of taking my car to Italy for a few weeks.. yet to explain this to my girl tho. ahem. she doesn't like the car so won't be coming.

fingers crossed and it's good to see people seeing the light and exiting the corporate crap many of us are stuck/obsessed with

#10 ·
Hi ryanandmel, welcome to the forum! You sound like quite the 'happy go lucky' pair, you'll be a great addition to the forum :d

As for the link, no problems at all... I believe the forum software is set to only allow links after a certain number of posts - this is to discourage people signing up for no reason other than plugging their own business without contributing anything. Being a discussion forum it's always a lot nicer if people share their questions, thoughts, personal experiences and advice for all to see :)

Feel free to add a link to your signature, then it'll appear each time you post ;)

#12 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.
We'll be going out for a 6 week trip; home for 2 weeks; then back out. So for this Amsterdam half we'll be in the area, camp in Amsterdam for a few days, then move on. After holland, then spain then home.
Then after washing and repairs, off to Spain then portgugal then home.
Then no idea!
Planned for long enough to get this far - so we'll see how it goes! May well decide locations based on things we want to do and see - so if there is a race we want we'll try and hit it.
Hopefully we'll try to get to marathon distance - no excuses now!

We're not that "go lucky" - this trip was a surprise to everyone (except us!).

But as mentioned above - make the most of opportunities!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.