Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my partner and I have finally found a nice house to rent within our budget and yesterday submitted our application to the letting agents. We're expecting to hear back from them in the next day or two but in the meantime I'm getting very excited!

For the past 4 years I've been living with either my parents or in a student house @ University, and I've been looking forward to finally getting my own place and getting on with life! Coupled with the recent news that I've been accepted on the design/engineering team at Jaguar/Land Rover and it feels like things are going pretty well for me atm... almost to the point that I'm half expecting something to go wrong soon! :confused:

Anyway, please excuse my ramblings! I suppose I should make the most of my week off and find a nearby running club to join :rolleyes: (he says fingers crossed and touching wood, praying that the referencing/application thingy goes through okay!)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Fantastic news congratulations on your new job and and house. :d

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
almost to the point that I'm half expecting something to go wrong soon!
Spoke to soon, spent the day looking over the car as it has its MOT on thursday, one of the rear shocks has given up the ghost, rear brake shoes need replacing and I need two new tyres... So it would appear i'm now going to be skint until my first payday of my new job and spending tomorrow seemingly rebuilding the rear end of my car! :(

Ah well... chin up... things could be worse I guess!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Congrats sorry about the car. I'm in a similar position myself - I go aay to the Lake District this weekend for a week and then I move into my new home and new life.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ed... it sounds silly but i'm not too sure! The product development team is spread over both sites so I could be at either, I'm heading for Gaydon on my first day though, lol.

Steady Edwina... great stuff!! Congrats! I wish I had the week away in the Lake District as well though :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts