Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum.

In a fit of insanity I signed up for the London Triathlon (sprint), despite only being a regular cyclist - and not very fast at that.

Ulp.

Still, I've got back into swimming after a seven and a half year gap, and it's going better than I had dared hope. My running is weak, and I'm just gradually building up to a respectable distance before worrying about anything else.

Hoping to pick your brains for advice and inspiration.

Ciao for now!

Y

·
Registered
159 Posts
What are the swim/bike/run distances for the London triathlon?

Not that I can give you much sound advice, just being beaky.:d

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have supersprint, sprint and Olympic.

Each is about double the former. I'm doing the sprint - 750m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey! Everyone has to start somewhere!

Also, is there any reason why your forum name is that of the genus of bacteria... such as yersinia pestis... the causative pathogen of the plague? Heh.

Anyhoo, good luck for everything!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Hey! Everyone has to start somewhere!

Also, is there any reason why your forum name is that of the genus of bacteria... such as yersinia pestis... the causative pathogen of the plague?
You learn something every day on here..........

Thanks for that a-n-s.................:d

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh!

My name? Well it's a long story, but I've been using it elsewhere on the web for a long time now. I kinda like it, it splits people into several camps - those who recognise it straightaway, those who research or find out by chance, and those who haven't got a clue.

And yes, I'm definitely sp. pestis, not enterocolita or pseudotuberculosis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts