Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone!

just thought id post to say "hello, im new". not really that new to running tho. started REALLY SLOWLY about a 18months ago after readin an article about how joggin can help asthma which it really has i no longer need my inhalers, i hav learned to breathe and i hav completed my first 5K in June this year! im gettin really lonely now cos i jog on my own so anyone near me who needs a joggin buddy??

Shelby

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh cool. totally didnt expect any1 find anyone from so nearby on here! woo hoo. ye i went to a jog scotland group last yr and it actually put me off runnin but for the simple reason that i thought i was fitter than i was and that run nearly killed me i think! but i guess i should try it again since i am actually able to run alot further now. as for clubs i dnt think i cud handle that really i would be trailin behind im not that fast!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I run with the Hamilton Harriers and can personally guarantee that not all of us are fast! I had only run 5km when I joined last spring and the club has helped me immensely.

Joining either jogscotland like Flakey suggested or a club will definately bring on your running leaps and bounds.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the advice! i shud mibby consider joining a club or jogscotland group again then!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts