Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am 51 years old and started running last October. I did run for about a year back in my late 30s but just didn't stick with it. This time I am determined.

Since October I have lowered my A1C from 7.0 down to 6.4 and I actually believe it would have been below a 6.0 had I not gotten sick and had to take a couple of rounds of steroids (which raise blood sugar). I have also stopped taking one of my medications (a once a week injection) so I am now strictly controlling it with pills, diet, and exercise!!!! I have gone from 250lbs down to 225. My goal weight is 200. I have no doubt I will get there!!

I am running consistently 4 to 5 miles every time out. That isn't daily because im trying to not put too much wear and tear on my body......but it is 4 to 5 times a week.

Here is my question. And I am very aware it is a LOFTY goal.....but is it possible for me to run a marathon in December? At this point my cardio feels TERRIFIC. My body feels good. Some minor aches and pains here and there but nothing serious. The biggest hurdle I need to overcome is MENTAL. If I can do that.....I believe a marathon by the end of the year is within reach.

What say you guys?

Looking very forward to reading these forums and learning all I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If time is not an issue then no reason why you can do it.
If you have health issues ( pills / injections ) you may want so sound out your doctor first to get the all clear.
Good luck .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts