Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Rachel and I don't actually run, but am mum to a 14 year old complete running nutter. He started running last autumn when his school entered him in a cross country race organised by the local club and that was it! He ran the county, northern and national cross country championships last year without ever having entered a league race. Has been doing track this summer and likes the 800 and 80m hurdles, but can't wait for the mud to start again!

His ambition in three years is to do the Toughman Race :eek:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi Rachel, its great to see you on here supporting your son, you sound like you have enthusiasm for what his doing, by sticking by him your find your both enjoy the rewards of his hidden talents. Its nice to see he has found something that he enjoys so much.
Regarding the Toughman race my brother-in-law completed it last month i think it was then, his only 22 but his a big boy weight trains etc, his a firearms police officer at stansted airport, so has to be imposing. He completed it in 3hours 20mins and had some horrible war wounds but enjoyed it. Its an accomplishment just to finish i think.
Good luck Hayley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts